After losing an unfortunate ODI series against Afghanistan, Host Scotland would now lock horns against Sri Lanka in the first of the two ODI matches at Grange Cricket Club, Raeburn Place, Edinburgh on Saturday.
We hope that Scotland would not take the Lankans lightly and figure out different ways to tackle their moves like they did against team England in 2018. It would not be like so easy to ask Sri Lankans’ to surrender even after losing back to back eight games against South Africa.
The series against Scotland and England would help Sri Lankans to get more favourable to the English conditions which would give them an additional advantage in the upcoming world cup event.
However, Sri Lankan’s primary aim is to gain their momentum back after eight straight losses against South Africa. The series against Scotland will answer them every question about their temperament and form before the world cup campaign.
Talking about Scotland, unfortunately, they lost their last series to Afghanistan by merely two runs after the result was revealed under the D/L method. Now they would only be planning to win both of their games under the leadership of Coetzer who scored 79 runs in his previous game.
On the other hand, Sri Lankans’ have failed to regain their winning momentum in the limited overs format as they could only manage a win in their last 11 encounters. They are coming to face Scotland after facing back to back clean sweep against New Zealand and South Africa. A new captain-Dimuth Karunaratne will lead the Sri Lankan side.
Sri Lanka and Scotland have come head to head twice and both the times Sri Lankans’ was on the superior side.
The pitch at Grange Cricket Club, Edinburgh mostly favours the batsmen and a high scoring game is expected here.
When and Where:
SCO vs SL, 1st ODI, Sri Lanka tour of Scotland, 2019
Date: Saturday, May 18, 2019
Time:10:00 AM GMT
Venue: Grange Cricket Club, Edinburgh
Avg 1st inn score: 246
Avg 2nd inn score:187
Highest Total: 371/5 (50 Ov) by SCO vs Eng
Lowest Total: 121/10 (42.1 Ov) by SCO vs NZ
Highest Chased: 229/3 (47.4 Ov) by SCO vs UAE
Lowest Defended: 185/9 (50 Ov) by BAN vs SCO
SL vs SCO News
- Dylan Budge has been recalled to the Scotland squad after almost a year and he comes in place of Rickie Berrington. Berrington has suffered a fractured figure and has been asked to rest for four weeks.
- No other changes from Scotland side.
- Malinga hasn’t arrived Scotland yet and is not likely to play this game.
Dimuth Karunarante, Avishka Fernado, Lahiru Thirimanne, Angelo Mathews, Dhananjaya de Silva, Isuru Udana, Milinda Siriwardana, Thisara Perera, Jeevan Mendis, Kusal Perera, Kusal Mendis, Jeffrey Vandersay, Lasith Malinga, Surunga Lakmal, Nuwan Pradeep.
Kyle Coetzer (captain), Dylan Budge, Scott Cameron (cover), Matthew Cross (wk), Alasdair Evans, Michael Jones, Michael Leask, Calum MacLeod, Gavin Main, George Munsey, Safyaan Sharif, Tom Sole, Craig Wallace, Mark Watt, Brad Wheal
Probable playing 11:
Dimuth Karunaratne (c), Lasith Malinga, Angelo Mathews, Thisara Perera, Kusal Perera (wk), Dhananjaya de Silva, Isuru Udana, Milinda Siriwardana, Avishka Fernando, Lahiru Thirimanne, Jeffrey Vandersay
Kyle Coetzer (c), Matthew Cross (wk), Calum MacLeod, Richie Berrington, George Munsey, Craig Wallace, Michael Leask, Mark Watt, Tom Sole, Safyaan Sharif, Brad Wheal
SL vs SCO Dream11 Team Prediction
Fantasy picks from Scotland:
K Coetzer| C MacLoed| T Sole
- K Coetzer was seen struggling against Oman, but the way to bounce back against Afghanistan in the 2nd ODI was expected. He scored 79 runs off 98 balls with 12 fours in his pocket.
- Calum Macleod has been consistently talking with his bat. He scored 100 runs off 89 balls in the last match against Afghanistan. He must be your pick up.
- T Sole has played six ODI matches so far and has bagged 7 wickets at an economy of 4.48 per over,while Brad Wheal has 20 wickets in 12 ODI matches at an economy of 4.39 per over.
Fantasy picks from Sri Lanka
A Mathews|T Perera|I Udana|L Malinga
- A Mathews has played some brilliant cricket in last few matches. He has scored 226 runs in his last three matches against Kandy and Galle in Domestic cricket. His experience would definitely play a major role against Scotland.
- T Perera has done amazing with the ball as he bagged six wickets in his last two matches. He could even be dangerous with his bat.
- I Udana is one reliable player for his team and has always delivered when needed. He scored 242 runs in the 5 match series against South Africa this year in March.