After a deficient batting performance in the 1st T20 game, South African Women would be invading the pitch with much prepared top order. In the last match against Pakistan Women, the Africans top order all together could only manage to add 20 runs in total, and now we hope them to bounce back strong against Pakistan Woman in the 2nd T20 encounter which is to play at City Oval – Durban, South Africa.
Opting to the ball first, Pakistan bowlers kept it unmanageable for African Women from the starting. Firstly, Sana Mir dismissed the opening pair with her pace, and later she directed the Skipper Sana Luus towards the pavilion.
Only, Chloe Tryon (43) and Mignon du Preez (23) were able to add some suitable run for African side and somehow helped their team to engrave a defendable total of 119 runs in 20 overs.
In the reply, Pakistans’ opening pair found it uneasy about placing their bat right and were sent off early. Bismah Maroof and Nida Dar scored 53 runs each and took the entire responsibility.
These two batsmen didn’t give any room for errors and effortlessly snatched the victory. Nida Dar was exceptionally well with the ball as well, and she bagged two wickets giving 30 runs in 4 overs.
When and Where:
Pakistan Women vs South Africa Women, 2nd T20
City Oval – Durban, South Africa
May 18, 04:30 PM
Head to Head (last 5 matches)
South Africa Women won: 03
Pakistan Women won: 02
PK-W vs SA-W Team News
- Javeria Khan could come in place of Javeria Rauf as she failed to score runs in the previous game.
- T Brits could be replaced by Laura Wolvaardt for the same reason.
Toss Update: Pakistan won the toss and elected to bat first.
Bismah Maroof (c), Rameen Shamim, Javeria Rauf, Javeria Wadood Khan, Nashra Sundhu, Sidra Amin, Kainat Imtiaz, Aliya Riaz, Aiman Anwar, Sana Mir, Nahida Khan, Fatima Sana, Nida Dar, Sidra Nawaz, Omaima Sohail.
South Africa Women:
Suné Luus (c), Nadine De Klerk, Sinalo Jafta, Chloe Tryon, Masabata Klaas, Tumi Sekhukhune, Laura Wolvaardt, Marizanne Kapp, Mignon du Preez, Nondumiso Shangase, Lizelle Lee, Shabnim Ismail, Tazmin Brits, Moseline Daniels.
PK-W vs SA-W Probable playing 11:
Sana Mir, Sidra Nawaz, Aliya Riaz, Javeria Khan/Javeria Rauf, Kainbat Imtiaz, Nashra Sandhu, Omaima Sohail, Fatima Sana, Sidra Ameen/Iram, Bismah Maroof, Nida Dar
South Arfica Women:
Marizanne Kapp, Sune Luus, Lizelle Lee, Laura Wolvaardt/T Brits, Shabnim Ismail, Chloe Tryon, Andrie Steyn, Masabata Klaas, Mignon du Preez, Sinalo Jafta, Tumi Sekhukhune
PK-W vs SA-W Dream11 Team Prediction
Fantasy Picks from Pakistan
B Maroof|S Mir|N Dar
- Bismah Maroof is in exceptional form as she remains unbeaten scoring 53 runs against African Women in the last T20 encounter. She has an average of 25.90 in the T20 format and it’s enough to turn things around.
- S Mir has been consistently picking wickets for her side. She bagged three wickets in the last match and paralyzed the African side. In the last five matches, she has tamed 11 wickets.
- N Dar contributed with both bat and ball against African women in the 1st T20 games. She scored much needed 53 runs alongside Maroof and picked two wickets giving 30 runs in four overs.
Fantasy Picks from South Africa
L Lee| C Tyron|M Klaas
- L Lee performed well with the bat in the ODI series against Pakistan and she is expected to make a strong comeback in the 2nd T20. She has an average of 22.84 in the T20 format.
- C Tyron scored the maximum 43 runs for South Africa in the previous match and is expected to remain in her form for the upcoming fixture. She can be lethal with the ball as well.
- M Khaas has been economical in her bowing stats. She has been picking wickets in every match. In the last encounter against Pakistan, she could only manage to get one wicket, but before this, she bagged three wickets in both the ODI matches against Pakistan. She is pretty much aware of the opposition weakness and would definitely take advantage of it.