After crushing down Pakistan in the 3rd One Day International by six wickets and leading the series by 2-0, now team England would be preparing themselves to seal the series by winning the 4th ODI against Pakistan which is to be played at Trent Bridge, Nottingham on 17th May.
In the 3rd ODI, England got Joe Denly and Tom Curran in place of Jos Buttler and Adil Rashid. Although Denly didn’t have the opportunity to hold his bat as the top order, batsmen summed up the game for England. So, Denly might be given another chance, but Tom Curran can be seen on the bench as he was too expensive with the ball. There are chances that Adil Rashid will be asked to join the team for the Trent Bridge Encounter.
Pakistans’ were asked to bat first in the 3rd ODI, and with the likes of Imam-Ul-Haq (151 off 131 balls) and Asif Ali (52 off 43 balls), they were able to engrave 300+ runs on the scoreboard. David Willey and Tom Curran were the two most expensive bowlers for England.
In the reply, the best opening pair of ODI – Jason Roy( 76 off 55 balls) and Jonny Bairstow (128 off 93 runs) gave a sense of relief to the lower order, and without taking much pressure, England found its way to reach the glory in 45 overs with six wickets in hand. No Pakistani bowlers were able to trouble English batsmen. Shaheen Afridi and Faheem Ashraf turned out to be one of the most expensive bowlers in the 3rd ODI.
The pitch at Ageas Bowl mostly favours batsmen. Seamers would have swing opportunity in the initial stage of the game and the best time to bag wickets.
When and Where:
Pakistan vs England, 4th ODI
Trent Bridge, Nottingham
17 May 2019, 3:30 PM
Head to Head ( Last 5 matches)
Pakistan won: 01
England won: 03
No Result: 01
Pakistan vs England News
- Eoin Morgan has been banned for the 4th ODI by ICC for maintaining a slow over-rate during the third ODI against Pakistan. Jos Butter is likely to replace him.
- Joe Denly will be given a chance in the 4th ODI match against Pakistan.
- There are chances that Jofra Archer can come in place of David Willey for the 4th ODI.
- Tom Curran could be rested for the 4th ODI as he was a bit expensive with the ball and Adil Rashid is likely to be brought back in place of him.
- M Amir will not be seen playing the 4th ODI due to Chickenpox.
- Pacer Junaid Khan is likely to retain his place for the upcoming fixture who replaced Yasir Shah in 3rd ODI.
Sarfaraz Ahmed(c), Asif Ali, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam, Mohammad Hafeez, Abid Ali, Faheem Ashraf, Hasan Ali, Mohammad Hasnain, Yasir Shah, Imam-ul-Haq, Mohammad Amir, Shaheen Afridi, Imad Wasim, Haris Sohail, Junaid Khan.
Eoin Morgan(c), Tom Curran, Joe Denly, David Willey, Jofra Archer, Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler, Jason Roy, James Vince, Moeen Ali, Chris Jordan, Joe Root, Mark Wood, Chris Woakes, Jonny Bairstow, Adil Rashid, Liam Plunkett.
Probable playing 11:
Imam-ul-Haq, Babar Azam, Haris Sohail, Fakhar Zaman, Sarfaraz Ahmed, Asif Ali, Imad Wasim, Junaid Khan, Shaheen Afridi, Hasan Ali, Faheem Ashraf
Jason Roy, Jos Butter, Joe Root, Jonny Bairstow, Ben Stokes, Moeen Ali, Joe Denly, Chris Woakes, Adil Rashid, David Willey/Jofra Archer, Liam Plunkett.
PAK vs ENG Dream11 Team Prediction
Fantasy Picks from Pakistan
Imam-ul-Haq|F Zaman|Hasan Ali
- Imam-ul Haq played much-appreciating innings of 151 runs of 131 balls against England in the 3rd ODI with 14 fours and a six in his pocket. He is in tremendous form, so don’t miss him out.
- F Zaman failed to impress his fans in the 3rd ODI, but we all know his potential. He smashed 138 runs off 106 balls with 12 fours and 4 sixes at a strike rate of 130.19.
- Hasan Ali was the least expensive bowler in the last match as he bowled at an economy of 6.88. Although he failed to get any wicket and we do remember that he has taken three five wickets haul in ODI. He is worth betting on.
Fantasy Picks from England
J Bairstow|J Roy| J Archer
- J Bairstow is in explicit form as he smashed every Pakistani Bowlers in both the ODIs. He scored much needed 128 runs off 93 deliveries with 15 fours and 5 sixes at the strike of 137.63. J Bairstow has joined his national side after playing extraordinary for Sunrisers Hyderabad in IPL 2019. There he scored 445 runs in 10 innings at an average of 55.62.
- Jason Roy scored 76 runs off 55 balls in the 3rd ODI, whereas in the 2nd ODI, he added 87 runs off 98 balls.
- Jofra Archer is likely to play the 4th ODI after resting for two back to back games. He bagged two wickets against Pakistan in the T20 clash recently. Also, playing for Rajasthan Royals in IPL 2019, he picked 11 wickets in 11 matches.