Reigning champions Chennai Super Kings would step up against the lethal Mumbai Indian in the much-awaited finals of Indian Premier League 2019 at Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad. Both the teams have lifted the IPL trophy three times each, and now it would be interesting to see who bags it for the 4th time.
Both the teams finished on the top of the points table after crushing every unit in the competition in the round robin stages.
Talking about the 1st qualifier, Mumbai Indians met Chennai Super Kings at Chennai’s home ground, and Mumbai’s bowlers kept it took tight for Kings and held them back on 131 runs in 20 overs. In the reply, Suryakumar Yadav took the entire responsibility for Mumbai Indians and made them directly to the finals of the competition.
After losing the first qualifiers, Chennai Super Kings came head to head against Delhi Capitals and delivered an emphatic batting and bowling performance and killed the dreams of Delhi Capitals chance to lift the trophy for the first time in the IPL history.
Now Chennai Super Kings would be working on all the loopholes to lift the trophy for the second time in a row.
The pitch at Rajiv Gandhi is suitable for batting and team chasing has an advantage here. Spinners can play an integral role and weather is expected to be a bit cloudy on the match day.
Head to Head (All 27 matches)
Chennai Super Kings won: 11
Mumbai Indians won: 16
MI vs CSK team news:
- Mumbai Indians would stick with Jayant Yadav as going with an extra spinner would be a good option in Hyderabad.
- Ishan Kishan would continue to serve in the middle order.
- There is doubt whether Shardul Thakur will play against Mumbai Indians or CSK would go with a batsman (Murli Vijay).
- Rest no changes are expected from CSK’s side.
Chennai Super Kings:
Mahendra Singh Dhoni(C), Suresh Raina, Shane Watson, Ambati Rayudu, Kedhar Jadhav, Dhruv Shorey, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Sam Billings, David Willey, Ravindra Jadeja, Dwayne Bravo, Faf du Plessis, Karn Sharma, Harbhajan Singh, Imran Tahir, Mitchell Santner, Deepak Chahar, Shardul Thakur, Mohit Sharma, Monu Kumar, KM Asif, Murali Vijay, Chaitanya Bishnoi, N Jagadeesan, Scott Kuggeleijn
Rohit Sharma (c), Ishan Kishan, Ben Cutting, Aditya Tare, Barinder Sran, Beurean Hendricks, Jason Behrendorff, Jayant Yadav, Pankaj Jaiswal, Yuvraj Singh, Suryakumar Yadav, Anmolpreet Singh, Hardik Pandya, Evin Lewis, Lasith Malinga, Kieron Pollard, Anukul Roy, Quinton de Kock, Siddhesh Lad, Rasikh Salam, Rahul Chahar, Krunal Pandya, Mitchell McClenaghan, Jasprit Bumrah, Mayank Markande.
Probable Playing 11:
Chennai Super Kings:
Harbhajan Singh, Shane Watson, Dwayne Bravo, MS Dhoni (c & wk), Suresh Raina, Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur/Murli Vijay, Ambati Rayudu, Imran Tahir, Faf du Plessis, Deepak Chahar
Lasith Malinga, Rohit Sharma (c), Kieron Pollard, Suryakumar Yadav, Jayant Yadav, Quinton de Kock (wk), Jasprit Bumrah, Hardik Pandya, Ishan Kishan, Krunal Pandya, Rahul Chahar
MI vs CSK Dream11 Fantasy Team
Fantasy Pick from Chennai Super Kings:
F d Plessis|R Jadeja|Tahir
- F du Plessis has been playing exceptionally well for CSK, he even scored a half centuries against DC in the second qualifiers. He has now 370 runs in 11 innings and expected to be peaking at the perfect time again.
- I Tahir stands completely apart with 24 wickets from 16 games with an unbelievable economy for 6.65 runs per over. He has bagged 5 Mumbai Indians wickets in last 5 matches.
- Meanwhile, R Jadeja might have disappointed us with his bat, but with 15 wickets and even better economy-rate of 6.36 runs per over, he is worth betting on.
Fantasy pick from Mumbai Indians:
S Yadav|R Sharma|H Pandya|J Bumrah
- The way he played (71 runs of 54 balls) against Chennai in the first qualifiers, he would definitely not take risks against Chennai in the finals. He had scored 409 runs in the tournament so far along with two half-centuries.
- Q de Kock has hit 5 half centuries for MI this season along with 500 runs from 15 innings.
- Rohit Sharma hit an unbeaten half-century in the final league game of the tournament and has 390 runs from 14 innings in his baggage. he has scored 155 runs in 5 innings against CSK at an average of 39. He has two half-centuries out of 5 games.
- H Pandya has shown some outstanding skills and stats this season. He has bashed every bowler he has faced and registered 393 runs at a strike rate of 194.55. One of the best middle order options.
- J Bumrah leading the Mumbai Bowling chart with 17 wickets in his pocket at an economy of 6.84. J Bumrah has dismissed Dhoni three times in his season.