From tomorrow on 13th July, the two-match bilateral series of T20I game will begin between Malaysia and Nepal. The first T20I match will be played in Kinara Academy Oval ground in Kuala Lumpur. Given the good form of Nepal cricket team, there is a really high chance of them winning this match but the host wouldn’t fight any less.
Previously, there have been four encounters between these teams in the T20I format where Nepal won three times while Malaysia was able to win only once.
MAL vs NEP Dream11 Team News
- The 1st T20I match between Malaysia and Nepal will be played in Kuala Lumpur.
- Malaysia has announced 13- players team for this tournament in which they brought back Pavandeep Singh as a bowler.
- From Malaysia side, Shafiq Sharif and Anwar Arudin will be an opening batsman.
- Ahmad Faiz, Aminuddin Ramly and Muhammad Anwar will be most probably maintaining the middle order of the team lineup
- The last over the hitting role will be assigned to Nazril Rahman & Fitri Sham.
- From a bowling perspective, Syed Aziz and Nazril Rahman will be given the pace attacking duty whereas Muhamad Syahdat, Fitri Sham & Muhammad Anwar would be ready to attack as a spinner.
From Nepal’s Side
- However, if we talk about the Nepal side, then Pradeep Airee and Paras Khadka will open the inning. Pradeep Airee is a wicket-keeper batsman, but if selector might replace him with another wicket-keeper then that would be Binod Bhandari. In that case, Pawan Sarraf and Paras Khadka will be the opening batsman for the Nepa’s batting line-up.
- The middle order batting will be secured by Gyanendra Malla, Dipendra Singh Airee, & Kc Karan while Sompal Kami & Sandeep Lamichhane will handle the late hitting part of the match.
- Sandeep Lamichhane, Pradeep Airee, Karan KC, Binod Bhandari, Sompal Kami, and Gyanendra Malla, have all been retained from T20 World Cup Asian Eastern Sub-Regional Qualifier last year.
- Sharad Vesawkar has returned after missing the UAE series because of the health reasons.
- Nepal will be playing with two spinners i.e., Sandeep Lamichhane and Lalit Rajbanshi and the pace attack will be done by Kc Karan, Sompal Kami & Paras Khadka.
Humid weather with a few drops of rain is expected to arrive on the match day. So if there is moisture on the pitch then whoever does fielding first, the pitch will be really helpful for the fast bowlers. And if there is no rain, then the heat and humid environment will help the batting side.
Malaysia vs Nepal Cricket squads
Ahmad Faiz Mohammad Noor (capt), Shafiq Sharif, Virandeep Singh, Anwar Rahman, Syahadat Ramli, Anwar Arudin, Fitri Sham, Syed Aziz Syed Mubarak, Pavandeep Singh, Sharvin Muniandy, Nazril Abd Rahman, Pasha Syafiq Ali, Aminuddin Ramli, Neville Liyanage.
Paras Khadka (capt), Abhinash Bohara, Basant Regmi, Binod Bhandari, Dipendra Singh Airee, Gyanendra Malla, Karan KC, Lalit Narayan Rajbanshi, Pawan Sarraf, Pradeep Airee, Rohit Kumar Paudel, Sandeep Lamichhane, Sharad Vesawkar, Sompal Kami.
MAL vs NEP Dream11 Key Players
1. Syed Aziz (All-rounder)
- Total runs in the last four T20 Innings: 156
- He has also scored two consecutive half-centuries in last three matches.
- He has also taken one wicket in the last four matches.
- Selection rate in Dream11: 84.74%
2. Sandeep Lamichhane (Bowler):
- Leading wicket-taker at the T20 World Cup Asian Eastern Sub-Regional Qualifier last year.
- Total wickets in the last five T20 Innings: 7
- Economy rate: 8.13
- Selection rate in Dream11: 88.19%
3. Shafiq Sharif (Wicket-keeper batsman)
- Total runs in the last four T20 Innings: 127
- Overall Strike rate: 138.04
- Selection rate in Dream11: 78.57%
4. Paras Khadka (Batsman)
- Total runs in the last three T20 Innings: 54
- Overall Strike rate: 107.01
- Selection rate in Dream11: 78.82%
5. Lalit Rajbanshi (Bowler)
- Total wickets in the last three T20 Innings: 2
- Economy rate: 7.25
6. Karan KC (All-rounder)
- Total wickets in the last three T20 Innings: 7
- Total runs: 23
- Economy rate: 8.96
- Selection rate in Dream11: 72.97%
MAL vs NEP Dream11 Picks
Wicket-keeper: Shafiq Sharif & Pradeep Airee, both are a really good choice
Batsman: There are some really good hitters. So you can choose Paras Khadka, Rohit Kumar Paudel, Ahmed Faiz, Gyanendra Malla, Anwar Arudin for the batting line-ups
All Rounder: Syed Aziz, Kc Karan, & Pawan Sarraf
Bowlers: Sandeep Lamichhne, Sompal Kami, and Lalit Rajbanshi.