Well, Arcs Andheri would be a bit relaxed after tasting glory against Namo Bandra Blasters by five wickets in their previous encounter. They started their campaign with a loss against SuperSonics, but now they would be stuffed with immense confidence after demolishing Shreyas Iyer’s side Namo Bandra Blasters.
Now, Andheri would lock horns against Shivaji Park Lions who are going to play their opening game of the season. The match is set to be played at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai on Friday.
Opting to bowl first, Andheri bagged two Namo wickets in just 18 runs, but later they found it tough to trouble the batsmen and got their 3rd wicket on 93 runs. More subsequently, Nikhil Patil and Sujit Nayak took the responsibility with the bat and were unbeaten for 55 and 52 runs respectively. This helped Namo to reach a decent total of 176 runs with just lost of 3 wickets.
Tushar Deshpande was found doing economical bowling for Andheri as he bagged two wickets giving just 36 runs in 4 overs, while Ansari picked a single wicket.
In the reply, Andheri was seen more balanced with their bat and with the likes of Akhil Herwadkar (56 off 46) and Shubham Ranjane (39 runs off 24 balls), the Andheri found themselves on the superior side. Later the responsibly was shifted towards Gaurav Jathar and Azhar Ansari, and they remained unbeaten for 27 and 24 runs respectively. Andheri won the game on the last ball of the innings with five wickets in hand.
When and Where
Arcs Andheri vs Shivaji Pak Lions, Group B
Mumbai Premier League 2019
17th May, 03:30 PM IST
AA vs SPL Team News:
AA vs SPL Squads
Siddhesh Lad, Shivam Dube, Vijay Gohil, Shivam Malhotra, Tanush Kotian, Rudra Dhanday, Swapnil Pradhan, Hardik Tamore (wk), Nikhil Patil (wk), Sachin Yadav (wk), Raunaq Sharma, Arun Yadav, Atish Gawand, Siddharth Raut, Gaurav Bengre, Jai Kothari
Tanmay Mishra, Iqbal Abdulla, Akhil Herwadkar, Sufiyan Shaikh (wk), Praful Waghela, Pankaj Jaiswal, Kevin Almeida (c), Tushar Deshpande, Shubham Ranjane, Amogh Bhatkal, Azhar Ansari, Gaurav Jathar, Kadir Patel, Vaidik Murkar, Sumit Meher (wk), Ankur Singh, Atharva Poojari, Salil Agharkar, Vineet Sinha
AA vs SPL Probable Playing11
Shivaji Park Lions:
Hardik Tamore (wk), Siddhesh Lad, Shivam Dube, Rudra Dhanday, Raunaq Sharma, Sachin Yadav, Tanush Kotian, Arun Yadav, Vijay Gohil, Shivam Malhotra, Siddharth Raut
Sufiyan Shaikh (wk), Akhil Herwadkar, Kevin Almeida (c), Shubham Ranjane, Pankaj Jaiswal, Gaurav Jathar, Azhar Ansari, Iqbal Abdulla, Tushar Deshpande, Ankur Singh, Vineet Sinha
AA vs SPL Dream11 predictions
Fantasy Picks from Andheri:
A Herwadkar| S Ranjane|T Deshpande
- A Herwadkar scored 56 runs off 46 balls in the previous game against Namo. In the match against Supersonics, he shamed 26 runs off 23 balls.
- S Ranjane is good with both bat and ball. In the previous match, he scored 39 runs off 24 balls,
- T Deshpande was the best bowler for Andheri in the last fixture, as he bagged two wickets giving 36 runs in four overs.
Fantasy picks from Shivaji Park Lions:
S Lad| Shivam Dube
- Siddesh Lad played only one match for Mumbai Indians this season and could only score 15 runs. But in his last Ranji match against Uttar Pradesh, he scored 63 runs and bagged three wickets giving just 23 runs. In T20s, he has an economy of 7.19 runs per over and has picked 13 wickets 28 innings.
- Shivam Dube was seen serving RCb in IPl 2019, but he failed to many any impressive impact. But he holds a good record against domestic players. In his last Ranjhi game, he picked three wickets against U. Pradesh. He is even dangerous with the bat.